Adult Cycle Training and Skills
Have you considered cycling recently?
Through our partnering with Devon County Council, we can provide a FREE, 2-hour Cycle Confidence Sessions aimed at encouraging you to use your bike more. This might be about learning to ride a bike, getting out on bikes as a family or advanced cycle commuter skills. The sessions are for anyone who might want a little help with their cycling:
- Learn to ride a bike, age no barrier, we've worked with people from 5 to 65 and not failed yet!
- Re-discover your confidence on cycle paths or quiet, cycle-friendly roads
- Brush up on your existing skills, maybe to start cycling to work or place of study
- Get help and advice about riding as a family
- Ask us to find a cycle friendly route for your trip to work, college or university, we will come and ride it with you.
"Chris was an absolutely excellent instructor who got me from never having ridden a bike without stablizers to fully balancing and tight turning in 2 hours. He constantly put me at ease and never once left me feeling nervous or inadequate, and has definitely made a significant contribution to my desire to get my own bicycle very swiftly! I would happily recommend the programme to anyone in my position." Rob B. Exeter.
Use the 'Contact us' window here or phone 07771 614593 to find out more.
Bespoke Adult Cycle Training
Perhaps you just need an hour or two of tuition to build confidence and develop the skills to get up and riding on a cycle path?
Happy on quiet roads, but want to go where there is a bit more traffic?
We offer one to one training, so you can focus on what's important to you. We can help you with your confidence when descending or cornering, or de-mystifying the gearing on your bike! What ever your own personal cycling goals, we can help.
- 'Family' cycle training with a focus on giving parents and children the skills to ride safely as a family group
- One-to-one or small group intensive courses for adults, complete beginner level to advanced skills for commuters
- Workplace based training courses, delivered as part of a Travel Plan
- 'Bike Buddy' schemes where we provide an to instructor to accompany you, giving you the confidence and skills to ride to work (or play!)
- Cycle training for Professional bodies, for people who use a cycle at work e.g. police officers, cycle response units.
Execel operates to the Department for Transports' 'National Standard for Cycle Training' framework and all our team are fully trained, experienced and qualified instructors.